Each Sunday we have the opportunity for two very important things to happen.
1. We have the opportunity to be empowered and empower others. We get to experience the idea of community worship and hearing the word together. We also get the opportunity to be obedient in our giving and pray for each other. Each one of these experiences are empowering.
2. We have the opportunity to engage the unbeliever or not-really-a-believer. We have the honor of pointing others to the life change Jesus brings. We get to love others with a love that is engaging. It is very important that our church engage the unbeliever. Remembering that we were once on the outside.
I believe in empowering the believer and engaging the nonbelievers! We need to believe this and hold it close to our hearts. Here are a few things you can do to help create and empowering and engaging atmosphere when you attend.
- Bring the presences of the Living God in with you! This is a gathering or an assembly not a service.
- Pray that you will receive what God has for you and pray that others would come to know Him through Jesus.
- Remove all external distractions. Turn all communication devise to silent. If you use your phone to read the bible great just turn the sound off.
- Amening the preacher or highfiveing your neighbor may be a part of the gathering. You talking to your neighbor about lunch or the latest gossip probably not a good idea.
- If you have a young beautiful child - we have a nursery that your child will love!
- Limit you movement during the gathering. Use the bathroom before the gathering starts. You don’t want to be a distraction to others around you by moving around during worship or the preaching. If you have to leave and return, sit in the back until the gathering is over.
- Embrace the importance of what is happening on any given Sunday. Someone's life may change for all eternity or someone may get the answer to what they have been praying for or someone may be challenged to shift their selfish life.
You play an important part in each and every gathering. Thank you for journeying with us as we follow Christ.