Monday, February 22, 2010

Rich young property owner

A young rich man came to Jesus and asked a few questions. You can find the story in Matt. 19


The young property owner would have made a great disciple. He must have known some things about management and priorities. He owned much land and kept the commandments. But he still was lacking.
He knew there was something missing. He knew Jesus would have the answers.
Im sure he was a little excited to hear Jesus speak to him and say to have eternal life keep the commandments. But what Jesus said next was troubling. Sell everything and give it away and follow me.
Am I willing to sell out to everything I know and own? I’m I willing to learn a new life? I know Jesus has the answers, but I just don’t know if I want to hear them.
It’s one thing to know Him and another to follow Him

No comments:

Post a Comment