Thursday, June 10, 2010

Can I Say That

Have you ever heard someone say something that was a little different? It could be just a short statement that catches you off guard. Maybe a statement that causes you to stop and think. Perhaps a statement that sticks with you.


I read a statement like this that really provoked me to think. I was reading in the book of Job and the poor guy was going through a lot. He had lost most all his possessions, all his children, and his wife was telling him to curse G-d and die. He even had these boils all over his body. He also had a few friends that came to sit with him in his misery. However they made matters worse. Job was walking through a very difficult time in his life.

Nestled in a response to one of his friends comes this statement. As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.

Can I say that??? In the midst of all my trouble (which is nowhere near what Job walked through) can I still see my Redeemer? Or has the trouble of this life stolen my sight? Can I muster up enough strength to still know that my avenger will come? Or have I lost hope of rescue? Can I declare to all that I will be back up on my feet? Or do I daydream of times when things were better?

What do you say in times of trouble?

No comments:

Post a Comment