Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let us

There are a few key thoughts I read the other day in the book of Hebrews.
Three different times in chapter ten the author says "let us" so Let us look at this for a moment.

The first "let us" is connected to the words draw near. Read in context you have the notion that it is talking about drawing near to G-d. This is something we need to do. A lot of times I want G-d to draw near to me. I sometimes beg for Him to come to where I am. But the truth is we need to learn how to draw close to Him. When I plead with Christ to come to me I turn the idea of “Christ Followers” into “Christ follows.” I actually request Him to follow me to one bad situation after another. However, if I was to draw near to Him, He would lead me into one good situation after another.

(One good way to draw near is reading and meditating on the scripture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment