Thursday, January 28, 2010

Finish Well


This week I watched two great basketball games. One was a 7th grade game in which my son fouled out. (It was great) And the other was the 8th grade team playing for 2nd place in the region. Both games were very exciting and came down to the wire. Middle school sports, I Love it!
In both games the team I was pulling for played well and lead most of the game. Going into half time the momentum was in our favor. All looked well for the home team.

But then…

Momentum shifted the other team makes a comeback. And now with 30 seconds left we are behind…
now tied…now behind…now winning…now behind with 2 seconds…BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
We lost. Crap that really stinks. We played good, we made the free throws, and we did it all - but finish the game. And that is the most important part. Finish the game and finish strong.
I enjoy seeing how G-d can speak through different avenues even sporting events.
You see, It would REALLY stink (that’s an understatement) if I lived a successful life driven by momentum and potential and in the end- I lost.

Its all about how you finish.
Matt. 16:26a For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment