Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Winning

The Apostle Paul encouraged the church at Corinth to “run in such a way that you may win!”
So the question comes – How do you win? Well I’m glad you asked. Here are a few thoughts taken from the wisdom of Paul’s letter to the Corinthians.
To win you have to have a passion for what you are doing. Paul stated “for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel.” Paul was driven by the passion of preaching the gospel.
This passion carried him through tough times and humbled him during times of success.
What are you passionate about?
To win you have to remember the small things. Paul said “To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews.” Paul had to keep in mind all the details of the Jewish tradition even the traditions that seemed insignificant. Paul keeps the details.
Don’t overlook the small things.
To win it will take discipline. Paul declared “but I discipline my body and make it my slave.” He didn’t allow his body to guide him through desires. He ignored the pain. He stayed focused.
Discipline?

Run in such a way that you may win!

No comments:

Post a Comment