Thursday, April 15, 2010

Confidence

 A scripture that we read at funerals really spoke to me the other day.

2 Corinthians 5:678

So we are always confident, while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

Always confident!?? I wish that was me. Sometimes I lose my confidence. Sometimes I trade my confidence. Sometimes I misplace my confidence. Sometimes I just simply don’t have it!

However, looking back to the times when confidence was low, I noticed it was a time I was living by what I saw. For whatever reason, I traded living by faith for living by sight. I misplaced the hope of knowing one day I will be with the Lord. I lost my confidence.

Confidence comes from knowing and trusting in something. When I trust in what I see (which is hell sometimes) I lose. When I trust in what I don’t see I win! Sounds backwards but that’s usually the way it works when you follow Christ.
When confidence is running low or gone completely remember that YOU belong to the Lord. And one day we will be absent from this body and be present with the Lord.



Another thought tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment