Saturday, April 24, 2010

Courtesy Warning

I was driving from the coffee shop the other day when I looked into my rear view mirror and saw blue lights. “Oh come on!” I thought. This is the last thing I need. I started running a check list of things that could be in violation.
Seat Belt – Check
Speed – Check
Weaving – maybe a little, too much caffeine
Tag – Check

What could it be! The nice officer walked up to the window and asked “Did you know your tail light was out?”
“No ma’am I didn’t, but I will get that fixed” was my reply.

She took my licenses ran a check ,which came back clear, and brought me back a Courtesy Warning.
This says that you are in violation and need to fix the problem but there is no fine. This is a courtesy warning not a ticket. I didn’t have to do anything, but fix the violation.
I had a thought. This is what the Holy Spirit does, gives us a courtesy warning. The bible calls it conviction. It’s all the same. Conviction points out the violation, sin. Sin separates us from G-d and if we continue in sin we will be forever separated. But the Holy Spirit stops you and says “Hey did you know that your _Fill in the blank__?” We don’t like convection no more than having blue lights flash behind your car. However it could be a benefit.

Convection says fix the violation.

No comments:

Post a Comment