Here is the Play by Play of yesterdays gathering and kickoff of Simply Christmas at StockbridgeAssembly
• We opened with a comical thought about Bad Gifts people have given and received. (Have you ever given a bad gift? I have) G-d has never given a bad gift!
• Worshiped Rocked! Charles and the team did great.
• I was able to give honor to someone that spoke into my life 17 years ago, Ms. Margie. She actually prophesied over Nikki and I that we would be in the ministry. At the time we were not even attending a church.
• ‘Big” P (Patric) shared a monologue – the main point "Don’t just sing Joy to the world, but share Joy with the world."
• A Simple Challenge - A challenge was given to stay focused on the true meaning of Christmas. This is, G-d loving us so much that He gave His Son to die in our place.
• Spend less and Give more- Don’t get so caught up in the consumerism of this culture, but rather reflect G-d in your giving. He gave a personal gift, relational gift, a gift that made a difference, a gift of presence.
• Embrace His Story – Encouraged everyone to read the Christmas Story and other scriptures to keep it alive in us. Not just once but daily. Maybe try http://www.youversion.com/ and read the rediscovering Christmas reading plan.
• Celebrate – As Christ followers we should be people that know how to celebrate! We should be smiling. Celebrate with family (old traditions and new traditions), Friends (have a party and share in a meal together), and everyone (try to make someone else smile by random acts of kindness).
Next week’s topic – Simply Hope