There are 4 different that responded differently after they were introduced to Christ.
Mary & Joseph – responded with obedience.
- Matt 1:24 And Joseph awoke from his sleep and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took Mary as his wife,
- Luke 1:38 And Mary said, "Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.
- Luke 2:20 The shepherds went back, glorifying and praising God for all that they had heard and seen, just as had been told them.
- Matt 2:12 And having been warned by God in a dream not to return to Herod, the magi left for their own country by another way.
- The Magi returned to their lives but went a different way. This is a picture of repentance, we meet Christ and go about our lives a different way
- Matt 2:3 When Herod the king heard this, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
- King Herod was troubled due to the threat of Jesus being King of the Jews which was Herod’s title.
Our Response should be one of
• And Obedience
• Say no to the pride that keeps you separated from Jesus.