Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The things we can learn from everyday life

Ok for some reason today I thought it would be a good idea to do my normal exercise this morning (2.5 miles) + ride my bike to work. Maybe somewhere deep inside I have aspirations to participate in a triathlon. And to be truthful it wasn’t all that bad.

On another note, I have recently been teaching on the schemes of the devil. And one of the things the enemy of our soul will use is the lust of the eye. (Stay with me for a min) You know how it works. You see something someone else has and you want it. You see something in the store and you know you can’t afford it but, you want it. Its all about your eyes losing focus on the important things.
Back to the morning biathlon. I’m finishing up the ride after climbing Mount Charlotte (a road that has two massive hills) and headed to the finish line of the back parking lot of the church. All the sudden a neighbor that wasn’t paying any attention pulls very quickly out of her driveway. She almost hit me (lady drivers ; ). I, very nicly, got her attention with a few hey, Hey, HEY!!! All was well I thought.
I pulled around to park my bike and catch my breath. And there was beauty standing in the parking lot. She grabbed my attention. My eyes were focused on her. So I stopped to talk to her. And at that very moment, because she had my attention and I was no longer thinking about my ride and the fact that my right foot is still clipped into the pedal, I leaned to the right and busted my butt on the gravel filled concrete. Pain, a little embarrassed, and blood were added to my morning.

The things we can learn from everyday life

No comments:

Post a Comment