Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jesus/buts??

Did you know that Jesus was into buts???? Crazy question I know. Now our ”buts” can be used as excuses to keep us from doing all kinds of things. But….. when Jesus gets involved, it changes everything.

Proverbs 3:32-33 – For the devious are an abomination to the Lord; BUT He is intimate with the upright. The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked, BUT  He blesses the dwelling of the righteous. Thank you Jesus for the “Buts !”

That was just a side thought. What really caught me about this passage was the part that says “He is intimate with the upright!” Intimate! Not close to us, not beside us, but He desires to be intimate with us. Now that’s a whole-nother level. The word intimate can be defined as: Closely personal. That says to me that He desires to be involved in every area of our lives. Every area! My aim for 2012 is to make Jesus, “closely personal” with everything that I have going on. I know this doesn’t mean that things will be perfect, but having the creator of the universe closely personal to me in my every day sounds like a good plan. How can you go wrong with that??

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment