Saturday, March 7, 2009

He IS!

What does G-d look like? I mean after all he has to have some shape, form or something about Him.

Deuteronomy 4: 15-16a
15"So watch yourselves carefully, since you did not see any form on the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb from the midst of the fire, 16 so that you do not act corruptly and make a graven image for yourselves in the form of any figure…

Moses warned the children not to shape G-d. huh?
I love asking the question WHY?

As I was reading this passage this morning I thought of all the times I have tried to shape G-d. I tried to shape Him into my box and my world. How is it that I think I can take a being with no shape and shape it? Could it be that I have tried (not successfully) to bring the Almighty G-d down to my way of life? Maybe that is why I’m a little tired? What if I embraced the awesome idea of G-d having no shape or form?

G-d appeared to early followers in a cloud and pillar of fire. Interesting!

Clouds and fire have two things in common.
· There is no cookie cutter shape to either.
· Both change from one second to another.
G-d IS! There is no shape or form. He simply IS!
· He IS covering you
· He IS consuming you
· He IS cooling you from the heat of the day
· He IS warming you from the harsh cold
· He IS leading you
HE IS!
I think I can see G-d working better when I stop trying to get Him to work in my box and on my terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment