Saturday, January 7, 2012

Some is always Saying

"Who do men say that I am?" A question Jesus asked Peter, His disciple. Now it always gets my attention when someone "All-Knowing" asks a question. Im sure He wasnt asking because He didnt know the answer. But why was He asking? Im also sure Jesus had heard the rumors amd specualtion and all the talk around town. Thats to be expected with people right? Even "church" people? We've all heard it.... The "have you heards?? The Whats going on with the church down the street?? Well I heard....(fill in the blank) And we begin to focus and get so caught up in the "some say." As Peter answered Jesus. But then Jesus asked Peter another question. One that truely mattered more than the "some say." Jesus asked him, "Who do YOU say that I am?"
In our few years as being full-time pastors, the main thing that the Lord has had to work with me and thru me is putting aside what "some say!" I would love to tell you as I sit here that I have grown past the point that what "some say" and the "I heards" doesn't make me crazy!
But then my very patient and loving Father reminds me that the 2nd question is more important than the first...Who do you say that I am? Doesn't matter what people say about your church, your family, your methods, its all about pleasing Him. Because the truth is "Thou art the Christ!" That was Peters answer.The only thing that matters. Jesus replies, "flesh and blood did not reveal that to you but My Father in heaven." And on that revelation, Jesus decided to build His church. Seems like a good place to put it to me :) Not on what "some say" but on the TRUTH! On the revelation of Christ!
When you build your church, your life, your hope, your finances, your conversation on this revelation instead of worrying what everybody is saying, He promises that "The gates of Hell will not prevail against it!" Peoples words and opinions have no bearing on the outcome of your life unless you let them.
A wise pastor once said, " A major transition will happen when a decision is made to stop allowing bitter people to steal your joy!" (Neh 8:10)
Because as long as there is flesh, people will always be saying something!! But the most important thing is what YOU say and what YOU believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment